Welcome to the Chair of Animal Nutrition (LTE)
Research at the Chair of Animal Nutrition relates to physiological principles and tolerances of transformation of biomass (feed) into precursors of human food (meat, milk, eggs) through digestion and metabolism of agricultural livestock (cattle, pigs, poultry). The current research focusses on the following topics:
- Experimental modeling of the metabolism of essential trace elements (zinc, iron, copper) in the animal organism.
- Toxicity of substances of plant and anthropogenic origin within the feed chain.
- Effects and mode-of-action of functional dietary compounds on the animal organism.
- Alternative protein sources for livestock nutrition.
- Insects and molluscs as potential novel livestock species.